Cat Naps Cat Naps

Yes. I agree with everything about this. This is so well done. I especially love the little vocal samples.

Rock on.

foxypanda69 responds:

Thank you sir, vocal samples are my specialty :3

Sunflower Waltz Sunflower Waltz

Oh my god. What is that angelic voice singing the melody? Is that a plug-in? I need to know. This is magical. I feel like I'm frolicking through a field of sunflowers atop a drifting cloud of cotton candy in outer space, and that's no ordinary feeling.

Bertn1991 responds:

Whoa, you are too nice :D

The program I used is called Aquestone, which I believe it freeware. I'm happy you enjoyed the song. This is honestly one of the nicest reviews I've gotten. Thank you :-)

We don't have to fuck (demo) We don't have to fuck (demo)

I'm a fan.

Walking Walking

This is lovely.

A Spark Of Life A Spark Of Life

Throwback.

Always Around You Always Around You

I love this. I can tell you really have an ear for detail! You kind of need to in order to do glitchy stuff like this well. I like the dry piano that comes in at 1:20. I never hear it used that way and it just sounds so novel. Again, nice work! I'll definitely be checking out more of your stuff.

Quarl responds:

Dawww, thank you so much! Love and whatnot :D

Misanthropic Misanthropic

This is so fucking gnarly. That transition at about 1:00 really caught me off guard in a good way. Awesome work.

Quarl responds:

My goal was to put people asleep just long enough so that they get a nice little nap in their day. One minute is never too long for an introduction to a five minute song :p

Only The Beginning (Extended) Only The Beginning (Extended)

Hello sir,

I've been aware of your presence on NG for a loooong time now (since 2007, when I used a different account) and I've seen you on the forums countless times but I don't think I've ever reviewed any of your stuff. This is kinda a surreal moment... ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

I really like the slighty-detuned piano in the intro. I have beef with the synth that kicks in at about :45 though--it sounds too loud IMO, and I think it's starting to compress everything else. You might want to turn it down or EQ/pan it a little bit to make it less in-your-face. Also I think the attack on it should be sharpened but that's really just my preference :3

Amazing transition at 1:34 when the tempo slows down. I think you should layer something on that melody or somehow make it more pronounced from that point until 2:36 when it speeds back up again. Also I agree with the guy below me--the drums do lack some oomph. There are lots of ways to fix this, namely EQing and panning. Since you use FL you may or may not be familiar with the Stereo Enhancer--I recently started adding a very small amount of "stereo enhancement" (for lack of a better term) to my kicks and it actually makes them come out a lot more. It's really helpful for snares and hats especially; it gives everything room and expands the soundscape.

Anyhow, aside from that, there's a lot of great stuff in this song. I can get enough of the glitchy stuff at 1:34 and the very end. Nice work!

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

Yey, someone knows who I am!

And yeah, there are quite a few mixing/EQing problems I'm gonna need to fix in this yet when I get some time.

Also, stereo enhancing I never thought to try for the kick, I'll give that a shot when I work on this again, thanks for the tip.

Problems aside, I'm glad you liked it.

StarCitizen Trailer Music StarCitizen Trailer Music

This sounds great. That synthy violin that starts around 0:20 is super cool and dramatic, couldn't be more fitting with the spacey vibes here. I'm interested in seeing what this was made for!

NoteInABottle responds:

Hi GhostLawyer, this was created as a demo for the Star Citizen Cinematic Trailer. You can see it here together with the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rn_kUbY8DY

+A Dark Resolution- +A Dark Resolution-

This is awesome! Very cleanly executed all around. I'm surprised at how solid this sounds given it being your first DnB track. The violin sounds incredible! Did you record that live or is that a VST? It makes the song in my opinion.

It's really evident that this was exported at a low bitrate and that takes away a lot from it--unless you're saving the high quality version for something you might wanna re-upload this at at least 128kbs.

Anyhow, great work!

ABrighterShadow responds:

The violin was VST, and I'm glad you thought it made the song as it was the foundation. I wanted to make a... different DnB track and I had never heard one with violin. I don't have a high quality version saved already but I will go back and up the bit rate for this song and a few others once I'm finished with my current project. Thanks a ton for listening and leaving a review.